The internet is the backbone of this era. In today’s world, nothing is possible without the use of internet. From small routine chores together with major developments, all are based on the internet. The internet has proved to be the best discovery of mankind by far. Every thing or every task can be performed under the surveillance of internet in an easier and better way.
Talking about using the internet service, there needs to be a way via which the devices can receive and transmit the data. It is a web of various networks inter connected globally. It involves use of a lot of devices to run successfully. The major components that are required to set up a network and thus helps in proper functioning of internet involve computer systems, cables, routers, broad bands, modems, IP Addresses, etc.
Before getting into the deep conversation regarding the use and features of 192.168.2.1 router IP , let us first be very clear about what does the terms router and IP Address stand for? An Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) is a unique numbered label assigned to each router used in setting up of a network. It is very crucial for every router within a same network to have distinct IP Addresses. A router on the other hand stands for a device which is the path shower in a network. It is very essential for functioning internet services as it is the device which connects all the computer systems in the network to the main server.
One such rarely used router IP Address is 192.168.2.1. It is very common to see IP Addresses of various commercial routers as 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 but very few are aware of the 192.168.2.1 type IP Address. It is a PIA (private IP Address) which is used inside a private network. Any sort of device can use this address whether it be a router, a modem and many other devices like webcams and DVRs, etc. It is used in various brands of routers like Netgear, D-link, Huawei and many more.
Hence, being aware of what 192.168.2.1 router IP is, let us clear out the process that must be followed to log in to this router IP Address. Given below are the basic forms that must be followed to easily log in to 192.168.2.1 router IP:
- STEP 1- First of all open the web browser and type in the address-192.168.2.1 in the address bar. Press enter key as well.
- STEP 2- Here a new window will pop up wherein to need to enter your credentials i.e. your username and password.
- STEP 3- Enter your credentials and hit the enter button or click on the log in option.
- STEP 4- By here you will be provided with the access to your router’s admin panel.
- Step 5- Thus you have successfully logged into the admin panel. You are now eligible to make any alterations in the address system as per your needs.
The process of logging in to 192.168.2.1 router IP is very clear by now. But before beginning the above procedure, the user must be sure with the IP Address of his/her router. Now let us discuss the steps that must be followed in order to find out the router’s IP Address by a user:
- STEP 1- At first, press the start button and type CMD or command prompt in the search box.
- STEP 2- Select the command prompt out of the list of results found.
- STEP 3- A new window in the blank background will pop up.
- STEP4 – Type ‘ipconfig’ and tap the enter button afterwards.
- STEP 5- Here you will be able to see the IP Address of your router mentioned just next to the default gateway.
The IP Address lets a person change all the router configuration and makes all the desired network changes. This can be used to make the router settings as and when necessary. The most important and to be remembered thing is that the device from where you are logging in must be connected to the network of your router. Sometimes more than a single device use the same IP Address as their default IP Address further leading to clashes and non-functioning of the network. Thus one of the users might need to change the IP Address of his/her router. And for the same, following steps must be kept in mind in case you forgot or want to change your username and password:
- STEP 1- Initially, open the web browser and enter the IP Address of your router into the address bar.
- STEP 2- Next enter your username and password (default username is ‘admin’ and password is blank). Click on ‘log in’.
- STEP 3-Afterwards click on setup > network settings.
- STEP 4-Then click on router settings, type in your router’s new IP Address and subnet mask.
- STEP 5- Click on save settings.
- STEP6- You have successfully changed your router’s IP Address.
Therefore, the 192.168.2.1 router IP Address is a default IP Address which is found in many industrial broad band routers. The above context has clearly stated what this particular IP Address is, what are its features, its uses, the process of logging in to it,etc. Thus, above context has made us enough clear about what routers and IP addresses are, their functions and importance in setting up a network as well.