Web! Internet! Browser! The most commonly heard terms today. There is rarely a person today who is away from the reach of internet or does not use internet in his daily life. It has become the ever spreading virus which has no anti rode rather keeps on widening its reach of victims. We all have fallen a prey to this virus called the World Wide Web.
Functioning of such interconnected networks or the World Wide Web depends on various factors. It involves use of a hell lot of devices to be functional. Some of the must present devices without which a network becomes non-functional are routers and IP Addresses. Let us first be familiar with what both of these terms are?
router is a device which plays the role of a torchbearer in a tunnel full of darkness. In other words it shows the packets of the data, the path to proceed on in order to reach their final destination system. Every router used in setting up of a network is personified with a unique and distinct local IP Address. An IP Address is a numbered identity provided to each of the routers used in setting up a network. It is a 32 bits number divided into four octets each. Knowledge of this address is very essential to log in to the admin panel of any of the router IP.
One such commercially used router IP is 192.168.8.1. It is a private IP Address used only inside a private network. This particular address can be used by any devices like routers, modems and a lot others like webcams and DVRs. To be able to scoop out all the useful stuff out of this router IP, access to its admin panel is must. Logging in to this router IP involves a whole lot of steps to be followed. But before that there are some requirements to be kept in mind before logging in to this IP address which are as follows:
- Most important is being in the vicinity of the router’s network, i.e. we should be connected to the same network of the router in whose admin panel we are trying to log in to.
- The next that comes is the fact that this IP Address cannot be found on the World Wide Web.
- Then our web browser needs to be a sophisticated one (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.)
Fulfilling the above requirements now we can start learning the process to log in to 192.168.8.1 router IP. The steps to be followed for the same are as follows:
- STEP 1-First of all, click on the button termed as ‘access router panel’ to access the admin panel of 192.168.8.1 router IP.
- STEP 2- Next, you will be welcomed to a page demanding your username and password.
- STEP 3-Enter your credentials as required to access the home page of the firmware.
- STEP 4- Once you have completed entering your credentials, you will get access to different options for firmware update, security management etc. Along with authentication.
Thus, at this stage you are well versed with the process to log in to 192.168.8.1 router IP. Now comes in turn the process of finding out the IP Address of one’s own router, knowledge of which is very important for accessing the admin page of 192.168.8.1 router IP. The IP Address of a router can be found in the following simple steps:
- STEP 1- At first, press the start button and type CMD or command prompt in the search box.
- STEP 2- Select the command prompt out of the list of results found.
- STEP 3- A new window in the blank background will pop up.
- STEP4 – Type ‘ipconfig’ and tap the enter button afterwards.
- STEP 5- Here you will be able to see the IP Address of your router mentioned just next to the default gateway.
By now we have learnt to firstly how to find our own router’s IP Address and then how to log in to the admin panel of 192.168.8.1 router IP. Sometimes maybe the circumstances are as such that more than one device within a same network are using same IP Address for each of it leading to non-functioning of the network. In that case one or the other user will have to change the IP Address of his/her router. Now the process for changing the IP Address of a device is as below:
- STEP 1- Initially, open the web browser and enter the IP Address of your router into the address bar.
- STEP 2- Next enter your username and password (default username is ‘admin’ and password is blank). Click on ‘log in’.
- STEP 3-Afterwards click on setup > network settings.
- STEP 4-Then click on router settings, type in your router’s new IP Address and subnet mask.
- STEP 5- Click on save settings.
- STEP6- You have successfully changed your router’s IP Address.
Therefore, after coming in contact with what all is being told in the above context, we clearly understand what 192.168.8.1 is, its uses, how to log in to it. Along with that we came to know what generally a router and an IP Address stand for, how we can find the IP Address of our router along with the process of changing the IP Address of a device in certain circumstances that may arise. Thus, we are now well versed with 192.168.8.1 router IP and all its related aspects.